- The attorney will need a certified death certificate, the original will, (copy if original can’t be found), names and address of the surviving spouse and children of the deceased, if any, to start with.
- Do not pay any of the bills of the deceased without talking to the attorney.
- Property in the deceased name will most likely need to go through probate. If you are not sure, the attorney will be able to determine how the property will need to be handled.
- The deceased property, even without a last will and testament will go the heirs, which if unknown will be found. The property only goes to the State if no heirs are found unless otherwise directed by the deceased will.
- Although the task of being a personal representative may seem daunting, a probate attorney can make the process smooth and relatively worry free.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR A FREE CONSULTATION OR CALL (239) 334-4774