BECAUSE WE UNDERSTAND THE DIFFICULTIES INVOLVED HANDLING THE AFFAIRS OF OUR LOVED ONES AFTER THEY PASSED AWAY, HERE ARE SOME IMPORTANT FACTS AND USEFUL INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Probate is a court supervised legal process through which the assets of the decedent are identified, gathered and distributed to the beneficiaries as determined by the dispositions in the decedent’s last will and testament; or, pursuant intestacy law of the Florida Probate Statutes.
- Any assets of the decedent that have no direct beneficiary designation must be administered through Probate Proceedings.
- The documents you will need to open a Probate case are the decedent’s death certificate short form without cause of death and the original last will and testament if in existence.
- The family members/surviving spouse or children, are not responsible for the decedent’s individual debts.
- The decedent’s homestead property is exempt from creditor’s claims.
PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR A FREE CONSULTATION OR CALL (239) 334-4774